Saturday, January 7, 2017

preparing for the residents

It’s been a quiet Saturday, as I prepare for a busy month and the arrival of Kitt and Kyle tomorrow afternoon.  Christophe has stocked our fruit and vegetable supply from the local market and bought a selection of Rwandan beer. We’ve started a slight teaching exchange of English for Kinyarwanda. Sadly, my Kinyarwanda vocabulary remains stuck at about 20 words, and even that might be an exaggeration. 


Kigali has implemented a program of closing the road between the city centre and the airport one Sunday each month so that people can get more exercise. Great idea! Christophe and I are going to check it out tomorrow morning.

Although there is now wifi in the apartment (yay) it does not seem to be strong enough to post photos. Stay tuned. I'll do my best to ramp in up when my companions come.

Christophe got all this for less than $10



No comments:

Post a Comment